Celebrate Mother’s Day at Home with These Unique Ideas
Mother’s Day is fast approaching, and maybe this year you’re pondering spending it at home with your mom...
Perhaps a big outing is beyond your budget, or maybe Mom simply won’t want to compete with crowds of other families eating out for lunch on Mother’s Day. Whatever your reason for staying in this year, check out these unique and easy ideas for spoiling the mother figure in your life from home.
Make Mom Brunch
Cooking for Mom could be a great way to show your love! Depending on her personality and needs, she might like to sit on a barstool in the kitchen and chat while you make something delicious. Or, if she’d love a little time to herself, encourage her ahead of time to sleep in, take a bath, or read a book over coffee — while you do all the work!
While prepping the menu, here are a few recipe options you might consider:
- Country Breakfast Skillet, served in a Lodge cast iron skillet from the Hamrick’s kitchen department
- Sunshine Berry Spritzer, a non-alcoholic drink, served in a clear pitcher and/or glassware from your local Hamrick’s
- Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole — which you can conveniently prep the night before and turn on early the next morning — in a Brentwood slow cooker offered at Hamrick’s
Mom shouldn’t have to leave the house in order to enjoy some pampering for her special day. Pamper her at home with things like:
- A fluffy robe with matching slippers
- A long bath — complete with bath salts or a bath bomb — while you make brunch (see above!)
- A foot massage or a session with an at-home foot spa
- A cozy throw blanket
- Candy or cookies (that she’s not obligated to share!)
- Homemade hot cocoa in a new, oversized mug
Make sure you visit the Hamrick’s home and beauty departments for these items and more to pamper your mom!
Help Mom Do Something She Loves or Needs
Does your mom love to clean? Garden? Organize? Or maybe she doesn’t particularly love these things, but she could really use a hand to make them happen. Sometimes working alongside one another is the best quality time — and acts of service can speak volumes of love.
For Mother’s Day, you might help Mom with things like:
- Spring cleaning
- Clearing out a closet
- Organizing old photos
- Planting flowers in front of her house
From stylish bins and baskets to gardening tools, Hamrick’s has supplies you need to team up on one of these projects with the mother figure in your life!
Quick Tip: Worried about making her special day seem too much like a “workday”? Try gifting her a different day to help with what she needs, and on Mother’s Day itself, implement one of the above ideas.
Give Mom a Gift Card
If you’re not sure what to get Mom but she loves to shop, consider enjoying breakfast together at home before treating her to a shopping spree at Hamrick’s.
With a little planning — and some help from your friends at Hamrick’s — perhaps this will be the sweetest Mother’s Day yet!